Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

PICK YOUR 3 CAPTAINS

Ruchir
- 7 (13.5%)
Pietersan
- 7 (13.5%)
Broadbat
- 3 (5.8%)
Sgusa
- 5 (9.6%)
Nima
- 9 (17.3%)
CLR James
- 11 (21.2%)
Justforkix
- 6 (11.5%)
Zacked
- 0 (0%)
Kingcool1432
- 1 (1.9%)
Kingofprussia
- 3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 07, 2007, 06:01:46 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 - PLAYING NOW!  (Read 27712 times)

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
Re: SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE VOTING)
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »

in
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

Nima

• First Class Player
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

Only checked this post now, while i doubt i will be leading in the polls, i do not want to be a captain. For that matter I don't want to play either, just to make a level playing field for others ;D

One question though, while the comp is on, can others who are not participating still play the games?

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »

Since no one else is interested in it, I elect myself as Captain and select Nima, broadbat, and DD in my team. I will not negotiate on transfer unless any one of them becomes a captain.

DD, put a deadline on electing captains and teams, so that I can win unopposed. Put a start and end date for the competition too. It helps, if you have dates to go by with.

Games for my team: Newtons Revenge, Rshot3, Dragndrop, Funkypong, Znax

I hope my team will agree with the selection.

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »

Bring it on
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 02:53:12 AM »

Since no one else is interested in it, I elect myself as Captain and select Nima, broadbat, and DD in my team. I will not negotiate on transfer unless any one of them becomes a captain.

DD, put a deadline on electing captains and teams, so that I can win unopposed. Put a start and end date for the competition too. It helps, if you have dates to go by with.

Games for my team: Newtons Revenge, Rshot3, Dragndrop, Funkypong, Znax

I hope my team will agree with the selection.

i thought this was pretty much covered in the rules. i cant dictate when people sign in and post because of timezones and such, so - voting will end in a couple of hours, will announce the captains.
- CAPTAINS WILL CHOOSE FROM THE LIST OF PLAYERS ONE AT A TIME BY POSTING THE NAMES ON THIS THREAD
- ONCE ALL PLAYERS ARE PICKED CAPTAINS WILL BE GIVEN 1 DAY TO NEGOTIATE TRANSFERS
- TEAM LIST WILL BE POSTED
- CAPTAINS WILL CONFER WITH THEIR TEAMMATES AND PICK 5 GAMES EACH - AGAIN, ONE BY ONE BY POSTING ON THE THREAD
If we can get this all done by Friday (in 48 hours), TOURNAMENT WILL OFFICIALLY BEGIN SATURDAY
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 06:28:26 AM »

Poll is rigged. I demand a recount  :P

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:42 AM »

you guys suck!
i only have 11 names of people confirming participation, including myself and Dex.

Note - CLR and Nima have notified that they wont be up for captaincy.

So the 3 captains are:
Justforkix
Ruchir
Pietersan

Confirmed participants:

Ravi1010
Pipsqueak
DD
Dextrous
Sudzz
Justforkix
Broadbat
Zacked
Pietersan
Ruchir
Kingcool1432
Schumi

i guess i will give it some time so you can let me know you're in. there should be 10 more people (22 voted - but one has mentioned they are not available). once this is done the captains can start choosing their players.

For that, i will randomly draw 2 out of the 3 captains' names (from a 'hat'). That will determine the order in which they get to pick players.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:25:58 AM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

schumi

• Test Match Star
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 07:07:46 AM »

Count me in as the 12th Man  ;D

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 07:12:16 AM »

guys, even if you don't play frequently please consider joining a team--there has got to be one or two games that you grew up playing in this list or can learn (i mean, some of them are just clicking)--everyone probably played pacman at least!

this is a team-building excercise  :)

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2007, 07:15:22 AM »

i thought this was pretty much covered in the rules. i cant dictate when people sign in and post because of timezones and such, so - voting will end in a couple of hours, will announce the captains.
- CAPTAINS WILL CHOOSE FROM THE LIST OF PLAYERS ONE AT A TIME BY POSTING THE NAMES ON THIS THREAD
- ONCE ALL PLAYERS ARE PICKED CAPTAINS WILL BE GIVEN 1 DAY TO NEGOTIATE TRANSFERS
- CAPTAINS WILL CONFER WITH THEIR TEAMMATES AND PICK 5 GAMES EACH - AGAIN, ONE BY ONE BY POSTING ON THE THREAD
If we can get this all done by Friday (in 48 hours), TOURNAMENT WILL OFFICIALLY BEGIN SATURDAY

Oops. I will be out of internet access for 5 days from Friday till Tuesday - Hiking Trip in the Himalayas.

Can this be held after Tuesday ?!?

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »

Oops. I will be out of internet access for 5 days from Friday till Tuesday - Hiking Trip in the Himalayas.

you dont have to go training at high altitudes - this is more of an indoor sport  :P
-- Mohandas K *hi

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2007, 07:23:18 AM »

I've to admit, this is the best damn excuse I've ever heard for anything!

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2007, 07:24:04 AM »

guys, even if you don't play frequently please consider joining a team--there has got to be one or two games that you grew up playing in this list or can learn (i mean, some of them are just clicking)--everyone probably played pacman at least!

this is a team-building excercise  :)

..and some are sheer luck!  ;D

cmon, guys, i have never played anything like this all my life until recently and if i can do it, am sure you all can!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »

you dont have to go training at high altitudes - this is more of an indoor sport  :P

He's probably going to do tapasya  [god] to attain the pacmantirkhandeva powers.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 07:56:45 AM »

Whoever choses me in their team...I hope someone does  :-[ ..Rjo has shown where his interests lie :), let's pick duckhunt ...I must the best vegetarian ever to have shot so many ducks...

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »

Whoever choses me in their team...I hope someone does  :-[ ..Rjo has shown where his interests lie :), let's pick duckhunt ...I must the best vegetarian ever to have shot so many ducks...

btw does that game even end? i reached 200,000 points and got so bored (it had been like 10-15 minutes i think) that i left it so i would lose. you reached 459,000  :o :o :o
-- Mohandas K *hi

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »

btw does that game even end? i reached 200,000 points and got so bored (it had been like 10-15 minutes i think) that i left it so i would lose. you reached 459,000  :o :o :o

200k seems very ominous...it results in quitting  :D :D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »

I've to admit, this is the best damn excuse I've ever heard for anything!

Tis not an excuse !!!!!!! Itz the truth  >:( >:( >:( :boxing: :violent1:

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »

Only checked this post now, while i doubt i will be leading in the polls, i do not want to be a captain. For that matter I don't want to play either, just to make a level playing field for others
Just to even things up everyone could play in games in which they are not the champions!!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »

He's probably going to do tapasya  [god] to attain the pacmantirkhandeva powers.

YEAHHHHHHHH

Pietersen and RJo are going down

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

I give them both one last chance to QUIT  otherwise ::Whip::  ::Whip::  ::Whip::

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »

It occurred to me that this is going to be very one-sided so why don't we do something....have Nima on one side and everyone else gangs up against her.  :P
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »

It occurred to me that this is going to be very one-sided so why don't we do something....have Nima on one side and everyone else gangs up against her.  :P

Good Idea. Like Aussies vs. Rest of the World ;)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »

i reckon that's where captaincy comes in - if you dont get the legendary player in your team you're going to have to use the rules to your advantage (players you choose and the games you choose). use the powerplays and the supersub rule to your advantage  ;D
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »

let's see how far we get in choosing teams etc before tomorrow. DG members are damn lazy anyways!
-- Mohandas K *hi

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:35 AM »

i reckon that's where captaincy comes in - if you dont get the legendary player in your team you're going to have to use the rules to your advantage (players you choose and the games you choose). use the powerplays and the supersub rule to your advantage  ;D

So who among the nominated captains is RD ??!!!!!!!

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

I give them both one last chance to QUIT  otherwise ::Whip::  ::Whip::  ::Whip::

Suck on your Lolly, JFK....  ;D ;D ;D

DD -- why is Nima not in participant list? If he is, then I make my first selection - Nima

RAVI -- You can crown me RD.  ;)

schumi

• Test Match Star
Re: SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 (PLEASE POST TO CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION)
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »

Good Idea. Like Aussies vs. Rest of the World ;)
Just send GC to coach NIMA

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

DD -- why is Nima not in participant list? If he is, then I make my first selection - Nima

Ruchir - its "she"

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

Ruchir - its "she"

For Ruchir, even if somebody is a "she", he would visualize her as a "he". :P

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

NIma apparently wanted to give everyone a "fair" chance! Read her post above. NIMA, PLEASE RECONSIDER! Without beating you, my victory will feel incomplete.

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »

NIma apparently wanted to give everyone a "fair" chance! Read her post above. NIMA, PLEASE RECONSIDER! Without beating you, my victory will feel incomplete.

"Your" victory, DEX? What, you started daydreaming already?  ;D

Apology for my typo of calling Nima, a He.

May I ask Pips to be the first to join my team, if she don't mind it much?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »

oye team select karna band kar, dd tujhe disqualify kar dega  :evil4:

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 08:22:02 PM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

You should PM nima. She has said she spends her time playing, and does not 'read posts'. So very likely she didn't read ur 'reconsider'.

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »

Oye DD ki to main @#$%^&*.... Kyon disqualify karega mujhe??

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 08:53:54 PM »

paaji selection ka time nahi hua hai. tum bilkul bcci style selection kar rahe ho, through the media outlets  :icon_jokercolor:

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »

paaji selection ka time nahi hua hai. tum bilkul bcci style selection kar rahe ho, through the media outlets  :icon_jokercolor:

Haaiinnnnn  ??? ??? Time nahin hua hai? Oye, to fir kab hoga time?

Aur, main kya karun. BCCI ki gathaa gaate-gaate ab main bhi unke jaisa ho gaya hoon  ::Whip::

Main aisa kyon hoon... main aisa kyon hoon...  ::kingkong::

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »

hey, why would i mind? i give it my best shot whoever be the caption, as always.

why aren't more people participating? it's time for some fun on the DG and not many want to? 

should we make this gangulians vs. cliquians to get more people in?  ;D  ;D

Nima

• First Class Player
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 04:01:07 AM »

It is long weekend here in Aus and I don't want to spend my time playing arcade games  ;D

If the comp is next weekend I will think about it :icon_thumleft:

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 04:10:53 AM »

It is long weekend here in Aus and I don't want to spend my time playing arcade games  ;D

If the comp is next weekend I will think about it :icon_thumleft:

The comp is a week long so U can play when U want.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 05:09:15 AM »

YEAHHHHHHHH

JAAAA FIRANGI JAAAA

Rjo...Then I am SG...I have scored 479000 in Duck hunt  ;D ;D

Do you want me in your team....I can overthrow you anytime or play selfishly....slow down and earn more points like the "color box" game  ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up