Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

PICK YOUR 3 CAPTAINS

Ruchir
- 7 (13.5%)
Pietersan
- 7 (13.5%)
Broadbat
- 3 (5.8%)
Sgusa
- 5 (9.6%)
Nima
- 9 (17.3%)
CLR James
- 11 (21.2%)
Justforkix
- 6 (11.5%)
Zacked
- 0 (0%)
Kingcool1432
- 1 (1.9%)
Kingofprussia
- 3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 07, 2007, 06:01:46 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 - PLAYING NOW!  (Read 26674 times)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 - PLAYING NOW!
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:02 AM »

Summer Arcade War 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is summertime, we are all bored and angry, and need to vent our frustrations. The DG is not the right place for this.
Or is it?   

Presenting the Summer Arcade War 2007! Put all your fury into some button mashing battles. Attain glory and nirvana.
Read below for the format and the rules.

Format:

- 3 Captains, 3 Teams
- 2 day polling period after which the three captains will be elected
- Polling will determine how many players are available
- Captains will pick their players by turn (one by one)
- Captains allowed to make 2 trades each
- Each team submits 5 games
- Each team assigns 5 games to each of its players
- Tournament lasts 7 days and 7 nights
- The team with most ‘champions’ at the end wins

Rules:

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE ONLY IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION

10 arcade players have been nominated for the role of captain – PLEASE CHOOSE EXACTLY 3 CAPTAINS WHEN YOU VOTE. PLEASE POST A MESSAGE STATING YOUR INTENT TO COMPETE IN THE TOURNAMENT

ELECTED CAPTAINS MUST POST THEIR CONSENT TO LEADING THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAMS

AVAILABLE PLAYERS WILL BE LISTED

ONE OF THE MODS WILL RANDOMLY SELECT A CAPTAIN TO HAVE THE FIRST PICK (AND 2ND PICK) OF A PLAYER. CAPTAINS WILL THEN CHOOSE PLAYERS, ONE BY ONE, IN THAT ORDER

CAPTAINS ARE ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE 2 TRANSFERS EACH. THIS IS NOT COMPULSORY

AFTER CONFERRAL, EACH TEAM SUBMITS 5 GAMES, ONE BY ONE, IN A RANDOM ORDER ASSIGNED BY THE MODS

EACH PLAYER IS ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN A MAXIMUM OF 5 GAMES. THE CAPTAIN IS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A LIST OF THEIR PLAYERS WITH THE GAMES EACH ONE WILL COMPETE IN

TOURNAMENT BEGINS UPON ANNOUNCEMENT, WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN COMPLETED

HIGH SCORES WILL BE RECORDED AND POSTED EACH DAY

TOURNAMENT ENDS AFTER 7 DAYS

THE TEAM CLAIMING THE MOST CHAMPIONS IS THE WINNER

IN THE EVENT OF:

TIED HIGH SCORES – THE CONCERNED PLAYERS WILL BE GIVEN ONE 10 MINUTE INTERVAL (AFTER THE 7 DAYS ARE OVER) TO RECORD A SCORE IN THAT PARTICULAR GAME (AND AGAIN IF REQUIRED)

TIED NUMBER OF CHAMPIONS – PREPARE FOR A SURPRISE ENDING

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:42:03 AM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
Re: SUMMER ARCADE WAR 2007 (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE VOTING)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:54:03 AM »

I intend to compete...not as captain...before someone asks "Mian Kaptaan banoge"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:00:50 AM by ravi1010 »

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:00:34 AM »

Note: voting reset after withdrawal of Pip and ravi. Please poll your choices again. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:02:19 AM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 06:20:57 AM »

DD you will be responsible for all the Carpal tunnel syndrome treament bills...

I will participate though I suck at these games...

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 06:23:27 AM »

Why is Pip not in the captain list?
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:42:44 AM »

Why is Pip not in the captain list?
i disqualified her  ::Whip:: ::Whip::
-- Mohandas K *hi

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »

I'm IN.

AAAA FIRANGI AAAA

:boxing: :boxing:

:violent1: :violent1:

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 06:28:54 PM »

I'm IN.

AAAA FIRANGI AAAA

:boxing: :boxing:

:violent1: :violent1:

Go get 'em!!!

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »

hmm why am i not a captain? Or is this for geeks only :) (though u do have a couple of non geeks in there)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 06:51:27 PM »

hmm why am i not a captain? Or is this for geeks only :) (though u do have a couple of non geeks in there)

Dhruv picked the most active players. But you can, of course, enroll in a team since you're a team maharathi  :)

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »

Dhruv picked the most active players. But you can, of course, enroll in a team since you're a team maharathi  :)

why are you and DD not on the list? I smell a strong MOD bias here ;)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »

That way we can't be accused of polling our own way to captaincy  >:D

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »

What does 'most active players' mean? Obviously it's not the same as 'most active posters' because that way Nima (Is he/she even around?), Broadbat, Pietersan and many others can't qualify ahead of CP and Finey.

Btw, I've no idea about what the F&$% is this. I've read the rules, but what the F@$%# are we playing for? What the F%$$# is a 'game'? I am sorry I've not read the earlier posts regarding this when it was announced the first time. Help me understand. But like an unpad gaonwala, I did vote.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:13:25 PM by Jai »

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »

What does 'most active players' mean? Obviously it's not the same as 'most active posters' because that way Nima (??##$#$#), Broadbat, Pietersan and many others can't qualify ahead of CP and Finey.

Btw, I've no idea about what this is. I read the rules, but what are we playing for? What's a 'game'? I am sorry I've not read the earlier posts regarding this when it was announced the first time. Help me understand.

We are talking about the Arcade games of this DG.

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 07:17:24 PM »

What does 'most active players' mean? Obviously it's not the same as 'most active posters' because that way Nima (??##$#$#), Broadbat, Pietersan and many others can't qualify ahead of CP and Finey.

Btw, I've no idea about what this is. I read the rules, but what are we playing for? What's a 'game'? I am sorry I've not read the earlier posts regarding this when it was announced the first time. Help me understand.

Yeah, got that part. But what's that and how do we play 'the game'?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

Click on arcade games, click on a game, then click play...but i doubt you're in any condition to be competing for the tournament if you didn't already know all this  :P

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »

Are you completing with fineleg for the TL/SVL title  :BangHead: :BangHead:

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »

This is an apparent bias against me. Since I am a non-geek (like my sholey friend Jai)  and thus not good at these games you are discriminating against me!

I demand AA (affirmative action) and reservations for non geeks in this list!

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »

Click on arcade games, click on a game, then click play...but i doubt you're in any condition to be competing for the tournament if you didn't already know all this  :P

You are probably right that I am in no condition to compete. I have absolutely no clue about this. One last question - where can I locate it? Is it on the main page?

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 07:33:51 PM »

You are probably right that I am in no condition to compete. I have absolutely no clue about this. One last question - where can I locate it? Is it on the main page?

Yaar .. kyon jai aur viru ko aur non geeks ka naam badnaam karta hai :)

Check the link next to the chat link at the top. Jai bhai likin tu basanti ki tarah in kutton<just sholey dialog > ke saath mat khelna.

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

Are you completing with fineleg for the TL/SVL title  :BangHead: :BangHead:

Please don't offend Finey. I may be a TL as far as this topic is concerned, but I have miles to go to catch up with Finey.

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:47 PM »

Yaar .. kyon jai aur viru ko aur non geeks ka naam badnaam karta hai :)

Check the link next to the chat link at the top. Jai bhai likin tu basanti ki tarah in kutton<just sholey dialog > ke saath mat khelna.

Thanks CP. Yaar, I visit this forum directly and don't go anywhere else, not even the home page. Ab mujhe kya pata yeh Arcade ke baare mein?  :D

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:27 PM »

Jai,
And did you miss this on top every page:
"News: Please check out the new arcade game section and compete against other CricketVoicers!"  ::)

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 07:57:37 PM »

Jai,
And did you miss this on top every page:
"News: Please check out the new arcade game section and compete against other CricketVoicers!"  ::)

Yes Dexy, I did. Now too it didn't catch my eyes easily like the banner always does. May be I am only one to have missed that or may be the font is too small to be noticed (I don't wear glasses though).  :D Anyway, I may not compete, but I'll check it out.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:01 PM »

Jai,
The TL of DG title officially transferred to you  :evil4:

Click here:
http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?action=arcade

Play the games :icon_jokercolor: that you want
I don't play these games becos as it is too much time is spent without all of that! (and i will suck at it :P)

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

Jai,
The TL of DG title officially transferred to you  :evil4:

Click here:
http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?action=arcade

Play the games :icon_jokercolor: that you want
I don't play these games becos as it is too much time is spent without all of that! (and i will suck at it :P)

Thanks Finey. If you are not offended, I'll gladly accept the title but it's like comparing Sehwag to SRT. Some people did that and look what happened. But seriously, I've given my reasons. I usually come straight to the foum and check out only those posts that start below the sticky. On game nights, I do visit the chatroom sometimes and if something is blinking at the top other than my avtaar, then I check my messages. That's about it. That explains why I missed this Arcade thingy. I wouldn't have surely missed it if it was discussed here (I remember Dexy posting a thread once). The other point is this may have gained popularity when I was out for almost 2 months and was hardly accessing the DG.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:16:48 PM by Jai »

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »

hahaha jfk remember what happened last time when Dex was nominated for one of the awards and kban wrote 'dex deserves it'....
"this is NOT fair YOU are MISLEADING the VOTERS"
-- Mohandas K *hi

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »

hahaha jfk remember what happened last time when Dex was nominated for one of the awards and kban wrote 'dex deserves it'....

Dhruv, now you're being paranoid. I think all members here love us like their own sons  ;D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 08:59:40 PM »

Dhruv, now you're being paranoid. I think all members here love us like their own sons  ;D

I for one dont love u as a son. My love is different :)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

No incest please!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 09:05:12 PM »

Paging RJo

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 09:24:30 PM »

No incest please!

This is a full and complete disclosure that Dex and I have absolutely no blood relations. Thus my love for Dexy is fully pure and legal. Rjo or no Rjo :)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 04:53:23 AM »

ewww dont go rJo on my thread!
-- Mohandas K *hi

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 04:58:59 AM »

This Summer Arcade War already looks to be heating up. The Captains seat may be too hot for me to handle hence I withdraw. We need experienced hands to control the event. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zacked

• Team of the Century
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 05:05:16 AM »

I dont want the captaincy to affect my game :p

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 05:18:42 AM »

Indians are coming of age...no one wants captaincy.... :notworthy:

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 05:21:45 AM »

Looks like all the nominees here are going the Younis Khan way. Not sure whether non-playing captains are allowed.  In that case, I may do a Graham Ford at the last minute. :P

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 05:37:50 AM »

never mind - the guys leading the poll are far ahead already - not going to go back and start over. only 19 people willing to participate? 1 day left for voting - after that it's on. PS guys who have voted, please post a message in this thread saying you intend to play...
-- Mohandas K *hi

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »

i will play but the time spent may be constrained coz of some deadlines ahead of me. i shall strive to spend every spare second at the arcade. also, i am not good with games that require clicking the mouse infinite times in a minute on tiny objects  - drives me mad and just cant do it.

captains, keep this in mind if you choose me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:28:48 AM by pipsqueak »

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »

never mind - the guys leading the poll are far ahead already - not going to go back and start over. only 19 people willing to participate? 1 day left for voting - after that it's on. PS guys who have voted, please post a message in this thread saying you intend to play...

I intend to play and I intend to be captain, whether I am voted as captain or not  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up