Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adwords and income on the DG  (Read 1908 times)

sgusa

Adwords and income on the DG
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »

Hey DEX and co

I was just curious to know how much the site is pulling in from the adwords. Are you making enough to cover costs ? (or are you driving around in a ferrari ? :) )

I am doing some analysis of ad supported websites and would like to know where the DG stands.

sgusa

Re: Adwords and income on the DG
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »

Yo powers that be.. any words ??

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:41:43 PM »

$20.91 last month.
Screenshot enclosed for your viewing pleasure, in case you think I'm driving a BMW Series 7.

sgusa

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 05:54:48 PM »

$20.91 last month.
Screenshot enclosed for your viewing pleasure, in case you think I'm driving a BMW Series 7.

Dex, please realise that I posted on this thread a while before the current unpleasantness. I am not saying you are making money off of us. Infact you know I have offered and did give you money to help with the DG ads, and have always offered to help with paying for the site. I was just curious since I was reading up on site promotions, monetarisation of such sites etc, and wanted to know what our very own DG was doing in that regards.

Can you be a grown up and learn to wage you battles in the field and have a beer with me later in the evening ?

PS: Again, are you making enough on the ads to cover site costs. If not, what is the amount in red ?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »

Can you be a grown up and learn to wage you battles in the field and have a beer with me later in the evening ?
There, that's more inviting!

PS: Again, are you making enough on the ads to cover site costs. If not, what is the amount in red ?

As far as basic hosting goes, yes. It is fully covered. I've also been considering upgrading to a more expensive and dedicated host in the $15-20 range given the large downtimes on the server lately. Right now I just dump the extra $10 or so back on google adwords for simplicity's sake.

But as you can see, little room for ads or any further investment (but of course, the money from the WC is still there which I'll either spend on ads--posting it here when i do, since it will be a big amoung--during a big series OR as I mentioned before, the fantasy cricket deal)

Of course, if ads were sold to individual site rather than via google ads (which really is a scam,t hey don't even disclose which ad gets how much money, some clicks could only be getting 1 cent) more revenue could be generated leading to more investment in ads--but it requires a bit more active looking around for potential sites that'd advertise here.

sgusa

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »

Dex, I will look in the intertubes in the next couple of weeks for companies and orgs that might be interested in direct advertisement on our site. We do have a decent number of a specific market here ( Indian (except 1 or 2 I suppose) + cricket crazy + sports in general etc).

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 09:18:32 PM »

Dex, I will look in the intertubes in the next couple of weeks for companies and orgs that might be interested in direct advertisement on our site. We do have a decent number of a specific market here ( Indian (except 1 or 2 I suppose) + cricket crazy + sports in general etc).

okay, cool, i can e-mail you screenshots of traffic logs and such, in case the interested parties are interested in looking at traffic data  :)

::cheers::
Pages: [1]   Go Up